Just a reminder:
Make sure you create unique passwords to help keep someone from breaking in to your accounts. Here are a few tips for creating your password, and keeping it safe courtesy of Google and y’r ob’d’t s’v’t:
- Never tell anyone your password.
- Never write down your password. Even though your password will look random to others, think of a way to remember it so that you don’t have to write it down.
- Change your password periodically.
- Don’t choose a dictionary word as your password. Be creative.
- Include punctuation marks. Mix capital and lowercase letters. Use numbers. A variety of characters makes it harder to guess a password.
Remember that a dictionary word can be cracked by a program running on an ordinary PC in a couple of seconds, with the right software (readily available on the Web). Use something like the first letters, capitalization and punctuation from a favorite quote:
(Fourscore and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation,)
Use something less common than that, but you get the idea.